There are tons of types of chamomile, and Roman and German chamomile are two of the most beneficial ones that include the best medicinal benefits. The essential oil from the Roman chamomile is excellent for problems with your digestive system, any kind of inflammation, some skin problems, etc. People have been using this essential oil for years.
The Roman chamomile oil is specially made with a specific process. This process is called steam-distillation, and it uses the flowers of the plant. It has a fantastic fragrance. It’s sweet, refreshing and smells something similar to an apple. After it is distilled, the essential oil changes its color from its many colors ranging from blue to green, and once it is stored, it turns its color to darker yellow.
But, unlike some of the essential oils, once distilled the Roman chamomile oil does not lose its medicinal benefits. There are more than 120 secondary metabolites included in the chamomile 28 of which are terpenoids and 36 of which are flavonoids. This amazing oil is made up of esters of angelic acid as well as tiglic acid. It also includes farnesene and a-pinene. The last two have amazing anti-inflammatory benefits, but, that’s not all. Roman chamomile essential oil also has great antibiotic properties.
Except for these two key benefits, the Roman chamomile essential oil also has to offer potent antispasmodic, antioxidant, antimicrobial, as well as lots of other health benefits.
- Add the Roman chamomile essential oil into a cup of hot tea, and you will see incredible benefits with your gastrointestinal condition. It will immediately lower or completely eliminate gasses, acid reflux, diarrhea, nausea, and indigestion.
- This amazingly potent essential oil is also great with solving your heart problems, it has the ability to lower your blood pressure, relax your heart, and reduce the chances of developing some kind of coronary disease because of the fact that it is full of flavonoids.
- These same flavonoids that help you with your heart have the ability to penetrate deeper into your skin and eliminate any symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.
- This essential oil is also great for those of you that are battling congestion as well as swelling and itching that is a result of allergies. You can apply it topically (directly on your skin) in order to eliminate irritations that come as a result of food allergies.
- The chamomile essential oil is great for people that have anxiety, and the sedative properties are great for calming you down. Use it along with your water and tea and see the amazing benefits from relaxation.
- By using the Roman chamomile essential oil, you will also improve your sleep as well as lower your stress levels and in that way eliminate any problems with insomnia.
- You can also use it as a potent anti-inflammatory essential oil, and eliminate eczema, poison ivy, gout and other problems with your skin. Use a cotton ball, apply a couple of drops on it, and massage the affected area with the cotton ball.
- Women, this one is only for you! Use Roman chamomile tea in order to eliminate menstrual cramps and pain in your body that come as a result of PMS. Use an oil diffuser and diffuse the oil in order to better your mood and lower or completely eliminate the PMS symptoms. You can also add a couple of drops in your bath and soak in it.
So, start using this amazing essential oil and enjoy the benefits that it has to offer!
Just like anything, the Roman chamomile essential oil is not useful if you consume it in large quantities. You can experience nausea and vomiting. Avoid this essential oil while you’re pregnant, or when you start breastfeeding. Use a carrier oil in order to diffuse to use it topically!
Source: Viral Hatch